SYNOPSIS: “Blinded by the Light” tells the story of Javed (Viveik Kalra) a British teen of Pakistani descent, growing up in the town of Luton, England, in 1987. Amidst the racial and economic turmoil of the times, he writes poetry as a means to escape the intolerance of his hometown and the inflexibility of his traditional father. But when a classmate introduces him to the music of “the Boss,” Javed sees parallels to his working-class life in Springsteen’s powerful lyrics. As Javed discovers a cathartic outlet for his own pent-up dreams, he also begins to find the courage to express himself in his own unique voice.
- Brutal first peek at Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon
- Tom Cruise soars in final trailer for Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One
- Chilling new trailer released for Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer
- Hot Docs 2023 #13: And, Last But Not Least… the Unrateds and Also-rans
- Hot Docs 2023 #12: Musical Interludes